.

.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Whats Cookin Good Lookin?

THIS

Is what's for dinner tonight. mmmmm
It has been smelling SO good so I just tasted it and it is absolutely devine! So I was reading this book, Key Lime Pie by Josi S. Kilpack. She has a series out and the titles are all some sort of dessert but anyways they are pretty good books but there are also recipes after the chapters where the characters are cooking and this Souther BBQ Slow Cooked Chicken was one of those recipes! Its kinda like beef on a bun but with chicken so  I bet its even healthier for you! woot woot! Anyways everyone should go try this cuz seriously its good! I just halfed the recipe because I'm only feeding two people so you can double it if you have a larger family! Anyways heres the recipe
2 cups of ketchup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar (the only kind i could find said apple cider vinegar...i'm guessing its the same thing or close to it?)
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder (not garlic salt)
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
I defrosted the chicken breasts in some cold water because it didnt say if they had to be defrosted or not so you could probably do it either way and then you just mix all the ingredients together and poor it over the chicken and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours the pull the chicken apart with two forks! You can serve it over rice or on buns....we'll be taking the buns since I absoluetly despise rice!!! YUCK! 
and remember this is halfed so you can make it as big as you want! 

5 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmm looks good! I love me some beef on a bun but stephen doesn't. I think he would like this with chicken though. Post the other recipes if they're good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its seriously so delicious! You should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s I didnt think any of the other recipes were that worthwhile

    ReplyDelete