.

.

Friday, April 8, 2011

2 Pigs in the bed and the littlest one said Roll Over, Roll Over

Our biggest marital problem yet....Anything having to do with the bed.
Example 1. When we were engaged Scott claimed the right side of the bed as his and so I was left with the left side. After a week of marriage he suggested we trade sides of the bed. By this time I was perfectly comfortable with my left side of the bed and was not too thrilled to change but I did anyways. His reason for wanting the left side....the electrical outlet is on that side and his ihome thing that he puts his iphone on is on that side. So anyways its been about 4 months of me being on the right side now and he has suggested 2 TIMES that he wants his right side back. In his words "This side just doesnt feel natural" haha what a goof! I havent switched him yet...and I might never because I LIKE my right side now!
Example 2. I usually sleep in the middle of the bed because I like to be touching him at all times whether its my leg, back, arm, whatever. Well he gave me strict instructions that I was to either full on cuddle with him or stay on my side! None of this just touching legs business for him! And I guess I can understand that because he was always on the edge about to fall off and couldnt really roll over cuz I was too close. I didnt really get this until last night though when he demenstrated for me haha I was on the edge and he was in the middle and yeah...I wasnt comfy!
Example 3. Our bed in general just SUCKS! His grandma gave it to us and we are REALLY thankful for everything that was given to us cuz we really didnt have to buy anything which was SO nice! But this mattress is antient! Its very VERY flimsy...Scott compared it to a waffle which is actually quite accurate! We even stole his.... cant think of the word right now... but its like a really soft mattress thing you put on top of the mattress. Dang this is driving me crazy! I know the word, I was even talking about it yesterday but now I cant remember! Anyways thats on our bed now and it doesnt seem to help too much but its definitely better with it. We went through a stage where our backs just KILLED every night, it was awful. We must be getting used to it by now though.
Anyways I sure love this boy of mine! And I'm glad our biggest marital problem is a bed. We never really argue about anything and havent had an "actual" fight. Love love LOVE him!!! :)

8 comments:

  1. yes! haha I knew it was something sooo simple like that! My mind just TOTALLY blanked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Janna beat me to the answer!! I'm left side, dad's right side, always have been always will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think every man sleeps on the right side... the left side makes me feel like a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...this is funny&brings back memories. We pretty much sleep on the same side of the bed now but back in the day when we were first married...we had issues too...mostly he'd roll over and take with him all the covers...somehow that changed and now we pretty much cuddle all night. Your prayer/fart post is hilarious.
    I Love your Blog Neechel...I added it to my blog list too---hope ur ok with that :) Anyway it looks like you are doing great and loving married life...which you should, marriage is something to love!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I love when ppl follow my blog! So it is totally fine! Maybe we'll get our bed situation figured out one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, scott should have the right side of the bed....its just the way its supposed to be. jks I don't think it really matters, but thats what side most guys sleep on. I wonder why? Hmm, well if you want a comfy bed, get one from Costco. Thats where ours is from, we love it, it was teh cheapest (and let me tell you we shopped around and around and found the one at Costco and it was our favorite and the cheapest- win!) anyways that was coming up 8 years ago but they still probably have the cheapest and the most comfy.

    ReplyDelete