So why is if 5 am and I'm blogging? Welllll probably because once again I had to wake up and pee but I was trying to fight it off so I was just laying there in bed when all of the sudden I hear a soft PLOP and some skittering of feet. THE MOUSE!!! IN MY ROOM?!?!?!?!?!?!? I had been trying so hard to keep it out! I had a blanket pressed up against the bottom of our door for like the past three days now because there are large gaps under our doors and I KNEW a mouse could squeeze under it!
So now here I am with a huge dilemma! What do I do? Is it gonna come on the bed and crawl on me? Theres no way I'm staying in that room! But how can I leave? If I start moving its going to run around like crazy. Should I turn the light on? If I do it might start running around too but if I leave it off? I WONT BE ABLE TO SEE IT and it could come crawl on me. So luckily for me I've 1. been sleeping with a pair of boots by my bed...mostly I wear them all day long, just can't be too safe when theres a mouse around and 2. I usually have a flashlight by my bed. So I grab the flashlight, shine it on the boots...no mouse, kick the boots a little..no mouse, grab the boots and put the boots on.
Step two. Getting off the bed. I gather my fleece blanket and pillows and cel phone (might come in handy ;)) And with my flashlight peer over the end of the bed. NOOOOO my worst nightmare a HUGE spider!! What is this??? A freaking SPIDER AND MOUSE and ME trapped in one room! MY TWO HUGEST FEARS!!! Please tell me this is not happening right now. What the heck is happening...we might as well kill this pregnant lady off right now, I just can't handle this! I seriously considered crying at this point. I mean seriously who's sick idea is it to put me in a room with a spider and a mouse!!!! Ok ok ok by this point though, the HUGE and I mean HUGE...sometimes I exaggerate spider size...but not this time it was for real HUGE! but anyways by this time the spider seems a TAD bit less scary than the mouse....especially since I have my trusty boots on. So with me being 80% on the bed I stretch one leg off and stomp on the spider, crisis averted. I was so quick it really had no chance! Poor unsuspecting spider...I actually don't feel sorry for him!
Ok now I have to move the blanket thats pressed up against the bottom of the door KNOWING that the mouse could be burrowed in that! Thye like soft things, they once hid in my house coat and I had to shake the crap outta it before it dropped out! Annnyways so I slowly pull the blanket away...no mouse, thank the heavens hallelujah!!!! Ok another dilemma, do I bother closing it? Leave it open? Close it and put the blanket under it so the mouse is trapped in the room still? Did that blanket trick even work? Has the mouse been trapped in my bedroom this whole time? So I decided on pulling the door mostly shut only because I felt like I was making a lot of noise and didn't want to make any more than possible because I hadn't heard the mouse through all of this so I knew it was hiding somewhere and might stay there if I don't interrupt him. So here I am, arms full of pillows and blankets...wondering what to do. Should I sleep on the couch? No, theres no chance I'd be able to fall asleep. Mice can climb and jump...I'd be a sitting target there on the couch. I contemplated driving to raymond to sleep at my rents but I have church in a few hours and I was...lets put it "not exactly dressed to go outside" and all my clothes were in my room and there was ZERO chance I was going back in there, I even slightly considered going to my In laws I mean they have a little code lock thing so I could just enter the code in and slip on in...but I thought that would be a TAD creepy. Which brings us to this point, me...blogging :) Im awake and alert and can hear the mouse and SEE the mouse IF by chance he decides to show his face! All I know is that when tonight comes, I will 100% be sleeping at my parents house. They are in New York right now and won't mind...I mean my mom has been trying to get me to stay there the past 27 days while Scott's been gone anyways. So I'll just be going from one empty house to the next empty house....but at least theirs doesn't have mice....at least to my knowledge.
Now I just realized something....Im gonna have to go back in that bedroom! Its sunday...all my getting ready stuff is in there! Make up, blow dryer, straightener, clothes!!! AS23498URADFIJI43R8UFEJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why can't my husband just be home already!!!
Remember when
8 years ago

You "slightly considered" going to your inlaws??? Thanks a bunch! You could have just let yourself in, we probably wouldn't have even known! Silly girl, you should have for sure!!
ReplyDeleteI probably shouldn't be laughing cause what you wrote about was not funny- mice and spiders= sooo gross! But I LOVE how you wrote about it, it was great :). Good luck getting rid of the mice again, they are evil!!!!
ReplyDelete