So on sunday/monday scott and I had kind of heard sounds or whatever and we were kinda like, mice? Maybe? Maybe not? And I kinda just passed it off as sounds from the house. On tuesday after work and school we were watching the office and scott pauses it suddenly and was like "Listen!" I didnt hear anything so he went and looked behind this black box thingy we have in the corner and he starts like freaking out and was like its a mouse! I totally thought he was doing it just to scare me and I didnt believe him for the longest time. So then we heard more sounds and went to look in the kitchen and scott saw the mouse again but I didnt so of course i thought he was just trying to scare me still but then I FINALLY saw it and it was THE nastiest thing ever! They are so creepy and fast! So with a little team work and about 2 hours of time, we caught the mouse! It ran into the bathroom into my BATHROBE!! Gross!!!! Washed that immediately. I was shaking it trying to get the mouse out and it wouldn't come out so I shook it realllly hard and all the sudden it just plopped right on the ground and started scampering around so I was FREAKING out (ewww makes me shudder just thinking of it) so then it was hiding in the corner so we came up with this brilliant plan to put this huge box we had in the doorway because it fit the whole width. Scotts job was to scare the mouse with our broom into the box and my job was to tip the box up and close it quickly when the mouse got it in.
So we accomplished this part but then we realized neither of us could kill it. So we carried the box out of our house, down the side walk, through the driveway, across the road, into the ditch and dumped it out and since I was the one with gumboots on I had to kick it....i hope it doesnt come back. I really should have just stepped on it but I just couldnt do it! Too gross! So after this we thought we were all fine and dandy and continued on with watching the office but 2 seconds later a mouse comes bookin it out of the kitchen and through the living room! They would always go behind the dumb black box or fireplace or couch where we couldnt get them. We tried barricading( spelt that would horribly wrong) it off so it too would run into the box but no such luck! Cuz this was a smart mouse! And this time it was hiding in scotts SLIPPER! I poked it once lightly and it didnt come out so we just thought it wasnt in there but after trying to scare it out of all the other hiding places and it not coming out we decided to poke the slipper again. Scott poked it twice before it scurried out of it! Bleh!!! Makes me wanna puke! That sick nasty little mouse! We then had our landlords bring us over some traps that we put peanut butter on. We didnt end up catching it that night so we made sure to put a towel under our bedroom door that night so it couldn't get in.
In the morning we found the trap had been set off and the peanut butter had been licked CLEAN but NO mouse! How stinkin sneaky is this mouse! So we set it again in the morning and we left for work/school and when we got home it was dead in the trap! HALEJUIA! (SP?) So scott put it in our garbage trap and all and took the garbage out. Now we hope this was the LAST of the mice! Were going to be getting some steel wool and some spray foam stuff because we saw them run under the dishwasher cuz theres two gaps they can fit in so we'll be closing those up!
and now some pictures for your viewing pleasures!
the mouse is IN that box!!
good teamwork! ....and I guess scotts iphone pics dont like to be on blogs...wonder why its so grainy
thar she be...peanut butter licked clean once again!



bah! hilarious. i can't believe you were shaking the robe and it was in there!!! what if you like flung it into your hair and it went down your shirt! geesh! i cant believe you took a picture of the dead mouse. that's so gross!
ReplyDeletewell i had to get it out!!! It'd be even more gross if I put it on and it was in there!! EW i hate mice!
ReplyDelete